It’s another day in the JK office and we’re all trying to find some inspiration to get our creative juices flowing. While throwing some ideas around, we began reminiscing and wondering what happened to some of the old trends that were poppin’ back in the days. It got us thinking and asking ourselves:
If you could bring back any trend, what would it be?
Bart: I bring back trends on the daily. What the hell are you talking about? One thing that I wanna bring back that’s not a trend is respecting your elders and strangers. Ain’t nobody say wassup to random people on the streets no mo’. Everybody is sooooooooo cold. Where is the love in this world? Can’t a muffukka just say hi every once in awhile? I wanna bring that Southern hospitality back. That respectfulness. There ain’t nothing wrong in showing some appreciation, or love, or excitement, or a titty or two. That’s what Imma bring back.
Joe: BAGGY PANTS! These tight pants are killing my belly and nuts.
Geo: I love this question because I’m a huge fan of the old school trends. I would bring back:
- The 1930’s- It was all about “class” and “glamour.” Women were more voluptuous and stunning and men were more refined, yet rugged.
- The 1940’s/1950’s- I love the way men and women presented themselves in this era. They were a lot more presentable and that was when men were “gentlemen” and women were “ladies.” I’m a huge fan of Dita Von Teese …me-ow!
- The 1970′s- ONLY for the hair, but the only fashion I did dig in this era that I hope comes back around is worn by Deborah Harry of the band, Blondie.
- The 1980′s- WAS THE SHIT! Everything about it was badass (I was born in the 80’s so I gotta represent, even though I was raised in the 90’s… the 90’s were WACK!).
- In the 80′s: MTV launched, Michael Jackson in a leather jacket, moon walking, THRILLER, Beastie Boys (RIP MCA), E.T. the movie, Molly Ringwald in Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles, Knight Rider (don’t sleep on KITT), 21 Jump Street, SAVED BY THE BELL, and FULL HOUSE.
Casey: I would bring back any trend just to get this whole “Metro-look” trend out of mind and out of sight. All those hardcore gangster wannabes from back in the day be looking feminine as fuck these days.
Tommy: 90′s hip-hop and pogs.
Kevin: Pogs. Collecting those things were so awesome.
Anh: If I could bring back any trend, it’d be pearls with cardigans. But it’s gotta be real pearls because those have an iridescent shine that when worn as a necklace, give a glow to one’s complexion. It’s an accessory that’s also cosmetic. Multi-purpose, FTW. 50’s fashion for women and girls was adorbs!
Anhieee: Definitely overalls. Or anything that allows me to freely eat without constricting my belly. And bow ties. Those are fuckin’ cute.
Daniel: If I could bring back any trend, I would want dance marathons to be popular again. I’d pretty much win every time automatically because I can boogie all day and all night, no probs baybay!
Bruce: I’m bringing sexy back. <— Lame, Justin Timberlake. Fuck trends! Be a leader not a follower!
Well, Bruce sort of put us all to shame.
This entry was posted in Blog. Bookmark the permalink. ← We’ve Been Flagged??? JUSTKIDDINGFILMS IS OUR LIFE. ALL DAY EVERYDAY. →